It’s been a long time since I participated in memes that go around blogiverse. This particular meme has originated a long time ago, but recently it re-surfaced in the PHP and Open Source community. If my friend Zak Greant hadn’t changed the rules before tagging me I could’ve gotten away by referring him to my old response to a similar meme: 8 Bits You Now Know About Me.
But Zak, FOSS ombudsman and advocate, whose
love of Free Software and Open Source is turning him into a penguin, decided to morph the “7 Things you don’t know about me” meme into the “Seven things that you probably don’t know about me that I didn’t know about myself until the last year or so”.
However, sticking to a long established tradition on Inspiration Bit, where I share things in bits (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, etc.), I’m too altering this meme a bit and listing not seven but eight things I did not know about myself until the last year:
- …I’ve developed an acute allergy to lists, the ones that contain numerals in the headline, so much so that I stopped advertising numbers in my post titles and am trying to come up with alternative ways to go about lists for my articles.
I don’t have anything against lists, they indeed break down the long content nicely, nor do I condemn other bloggers for posting numerous articles with 66 Hottest Portfolios or 777 Designers You Must Follow on Twitter, but I’ve decided that I won’t be contributing to that numbers pool anymore.
- …Leaving all fears behind I finally quit the corporate world and became my own boss. I have also learned that running my own show is more challenging than I prepared myself for, but after getting that sweet taste of freedom I don’t want to give it up.
- …while running my own design studio I will be building web sites for clients from all over the world, even from New York.
- …I’m capable of simultaneously working on projects that run on three different CMS (eZ Publish, Drupal, WordPress) and teaching students how to build custom CMS solutions with PHP and MySQL.
- …I will develop new passions and interests that will include jewellery design, interior decorating, and obsessive collection of beautiful things.
- …Never thought that I will be watching Seinfeld and Desperate Housewives with so much interest. And before you start thinking in a wrong direction, let me surprise you with another revelation: I’m watching both shows with my husband, and the other day I overheard him re-telling an episode from Desperate Housewives to a friend of ours.
- …Became an impulsive shopper and buy things I’ve postponed buying or had second thoughts about in past (Nikon D90, numerous magazines and books both for myself and my daughter’s ever increasing library, are just some of the examples).
- …I too would catch the Twitter fever and Procrastinator became my middle name, but my social network grew to proportions I could’ve never imagined before.
So there you go. I won’t be tagging anyone, but feel free to spill some beans about your own self discoveries from 2008.