At the end of last year I’ve announced a new kind of group writing project in the blogiverse – a collaborative Social Media Mega Project that would unite 10 bloggers from all over the world to organize and host a GWP on their blogs dedicated to the chosen social media site(s). All participating blogs (including myself) are launching those projects on January 21.
Take a look and see which social media site you’re interested in and would like to submit your entry to. Together we’re covering 19 social networking sites, so you’re bound to find something that appeals to you.
- del.icio.us. Host: Aaron Stroud at On Financial Success
- Facebook. Host: Ina at Inspiring Wear
- Flickr & Zooomr (or anything photography related). Host: Brian Auer at Epic Edits
- Twitter, LinkedIn. Host: Isabella Mori at Change Therapy and Alphablogs
- StumbleUpon, YouTube, MySpace. Host: Karen Zara at a1-fan-fun
- Sphinn. Host Simonne at All Tips And Tricks
- Second Life. Host Dandellion at Living in the Metaverse
- Mixx, Propeller (formerly known as Netscape), Squidoo. Host: Pearl at Fresh Perspectives
- Sk*rt, Blogging Zoom, Bvibes. Host: JHS at Colloquium
- Technorati. Host: Monica at Me Like The Interweb
- Digg and Reddit. Host: Vivien at Inspiration Bit
Yes, I am organizing a group project to collect all your thoughts and experience with Digg and Reddit. I’ve previously shared with you my observations about Digg and Reddit after having two of my posts on their front pages. I have to confess though that I was never an active user of Digg nor Reddit, even though at the beginning of my blogging “career” I desperately wanted my posts to reach the coveted spots on their front pages. There were many articles written about Digg, not so much about Reddit, and I was reading them, hoping to get helpful insights on what makes those sites “tick”. Right now I’m not that desperate anymore, but I’m still curious to discover more “secrets” about these two social networking moguls.
Since no one else expressed an interest in these two sites, I’ve decided to challenge myself and within a month learn as much as possible about Digg and Reddit by becoming an active user on those sites and sharing with you all my observations. I am also pleading to everyone to share your personal experience and thoughts about Digg and Reddit and participate in this project. The rules are very simple:
- Write a post on your blog and share with us how do you integrate Digg and Reddit into your blogging, work, tell us about your good or bad experience, how would you compare these social networking sites with others, what do you like or don’t like about them, how did you benefit from becoming a frequent user of those sites, what secrets have you learned about them, what tips or warnings would you like to inform others about?
- Contact me with your name, email and a permalink to your post. If you don’t have your own blog, you can always write a guest post on my blog, or simply send me your thoughts by contacting me in person.
- Once I collect the links from all participants and publish them on my blog, you can write another post and link to either all or only your favourite articles by other bloggers.
- You are allowed to contribute only one article per project/site. You are more than welcome to visit other participating blogs, listed above, that host projects dedicated to the different social media sites and take part in those projects by submitting your articles about other social networking sites.
The deadline is Friday, February 22nd.
I will collect all your contributions and publish the results with the links to your articles/sites on Monday, February 25th.
I look forward to your entries. Please, support other participating bloggers by heading over to their blogs and contributing to their social media projects. Good luck to my fellow bloggers-organizers, and thanks to everyone in advance for your interest and promotion of this collaborative social media mega project.
This time it’s the project organizers, who’d be eligible for prizes for their hard work of hosting and promoting the projects on their blogs. As most of you remember, I promised to share the $100 prize I won over at DailyBlogTips. I’ll be also adding to that another $25 that my entry to AllTipsAndTricks project has won. I’ve decided to split it up evenly into five $25 prizes that I will award to the Top 5 bloggers whose projects were the most successful ones in terms of the number and the quality of entries.
UPDATE: This Project has been Extended. Here are the new Dates:
- Start Date: Monday, January 21st
- End Date: Saturday, March 22nd
- Results Publication Date: Monday, March 24th
- Final Collaborative Results will be published on Inspiration Bit on Friday, March 28th