And now, back to some serious subject matters…
April 1st – Breaking News
- Seven years in writing, J.K Rowling is ready to publish her Harry Potter Encyclopedia. Mugglenet has a preview of it and will be publishing the excerpts throughout the day.
- Google Australia has introduced a new feature, gDayTM with MATETM, enabling you to search content on the internet before it is created.
- DevianArt has sold its soul to Mudkip, from now on every user’s avatar will be an animated Mudkip, which no one can change anymore without insulting DevianArt – “u don’t like mudkips?”
- If you’ve never heard of Rick Astley before, head of to YouTube, where every featured video on YouTube takes you to Rick’s greatest hit “Never Gonna Give You Up”.
- On the Type front: Comic Sans walked into a bar only to be told ‘We don’t serve your type here…’
On a lighter note, here are some Designer Jokes to brighten your gloomy April First ;-)
- What kind of relationships do typophiles prefer?
The open type
- Typophile’s Favorite Song?
I shot the serif by Eric Clapton
- Typophile’s Favorite Madonna song?
Justify my love
- What did the child of a type designer say when she was asked to share?
- 1st Designer: “Wow, you always have so many fonts, where do you get them from?”
2nd Designer: “Oh they come from Monaco, Geneva, Chicago, New York… I get them delivered at various Times throughout the day…”
1st Designer: “By who?”
2nd Designer: “A Courier!”
- Murphy’s graphic design laws:
- If three designs are shown to a client, your least favorite will be chosen. If two designs are shown, a third will be requested. If provided, then one of the first two will be chosen.
- Your best idea is already copyrighted.
and last, but not least, something that will make you feel better about yourself:
Tech Support jokes
- Tech support: Good day. How may I help you?
Male customer: Hello… I can’t print.
Tech support: Would you click on “start” for me and…
Customer: Listen pal; don’t start getting technical on me! I’m not Bill Gates.
- Tech support: Your password is the small letter “a” as in apple, a capital letter V as in Victor, the number 7.
Customer: Is that 7 in capital letters ?
- Tech support: What anti-virus program do you use?
Tech support: That’s not an anti-virus program.
Customer: Oh, sorry…Internet Explorer.
- Customer: can’t get on the Internet.
Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer: Yes, I’m sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer: Five stars.
If you feel you can handle more humour and your boss is not watching, then head to the following pages to get some more laughs.
HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY!